Tuesday, February 19, 2008

home alone nineteenthousandhundredfortytwo

Home Alone 2 is definitely my choice as well, and I am somewhat sorry to hear you haven't watched either in quite some time... I will forgive you eventually.
Home Alone, in my opinion, is still wonderful, but the 2nd is just oh-so-exciting with the New York City factor... I mean, being lost in such a city, WOW. Unthinkable!!! It's also a little more heart-warming, considering the bird lady and the turtle dove gift-giving. Plus, Kevin McAllister is a mastermind and Home Alone 2 has solidified that very fact.
ALSO, Kevin's mom is awesome and maybe it is because of her Catherine O'Hara-ness, or maybe it's because she also seems to accumulate psychic abilities in the second movie. I don't have a son, so maybe this is a mother/son bond in general, but when she was trying to figure out WHERE Kevin was within the city, she somehow knew that he would be in front of the giant Christmas Tree in New York... wait... maybe she's not psychic... maybe Kevin's just predictable. Fuck. Nevermind.

No comments: